Love Education Centre Hire Agreement
1) Hirers agree to abide by the Love Education Centre Hire Agreement.
2) Rights and obligations under this agreement are not transferable without the written approval of Love Education C.I.C. The Hirer cannot transfer, assign, sub-let or sub-hire his or her rights under this Agreement.
3) It is the responsibility of the Hirer to check the condition of the Centre immediately prior to occupation and determine whether the Centre is fit for intended use of hire.
4) When entering the Centre, Hirers are to make themselves aware of the emergency evacuation procedures displayed. The Hirer is to ensure that emergency exit routes remain clear at all times.
5) Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras may be in operation. Recorded images collected will be held by Love Education C.I.C.
6) The Hirer is responsible for all that occurs during every hire session. If the Hirer is compromised or is absent at any time; the Hirer shall appoint a representative to be responsible jointly with the Hirer. The appointment and identity of any Hirer’s representative shall be made known to the staff of Love Education C.I.C. in writing by email before the event.
7) Furniture and other contents of the Love Education Centre are not to be removed from their usual positions without reference to and permission from a Love Education C.I.C. representative, in writing by email.
8) If any Hirer enters the Centre outside of their agreed times without prior approval it may be deemed as trespassing and the appropriate authority notified.
9) No alcohol, gaming or illicit activities is to be consumed or engaged in at any event on the premises of the Love Education Centre. Hirers will forfeit their security deposit if a breach occurs.
10) All Hirers who work/volunteer with children or provide a service to children under the age of 18 years old are required under UK government legislation to provide proof of eligibility. If the Hirer has multiple staff working/volunteering, all are required under legislation to complete a DBS Check and Barred Check
11) Love Education C.I.C. reserves the right to refuse the hiring of its Centre without stating a reason for refusal. Love Education C.I.C. shall not be liable in any way for loss or damage caused by the exercising of this right.
Fees and Charges
12) Fees are charged as per Love Education C.I.C. published Fees and Charges. Changes to fees and charges will apply to existing bookings for the applicable period following the date of adoption by Love Education C.I.C.
13) It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure all invoices are paid in accordance with their Hire Agreement. Failure to make payment in accordance with these terms may result in Love Education C.I.C. terminating the Hire Agreement and requesting the return of all keys.
14) A refundable deposit to secure the hire booking shall be paid by all Hirers prior to the hire.
15) Love Education C.I.C. reserves the right to periodically update these Terms and Conditions of Hire and Fees. Changes will be communicated to Hirers and their Hire Agreement updated as required.
16) False alarms will affect residents and may incur penalties. Should fines be received from the Emergency Services the Hirer will be liable for full payment and Love Education C.I.C. administration costs.
17) If residents deem it necessary to call Love Education C.I.C. at any time including after-hours due to disruption caused by patrons of an event at any time, a charge per call out, after investigation, will be applied to cover additional security and administration costs.
18) For casual bookings, 7 days cancellation notice must be given, else the damage deposit or hourly rate retained will be retained.
19) For regular Hirers (3 months plus) one months’ cancellation notice is required to avoid being charged for the equivalent of one month’s booking fee.
20) Cancellations or amendments for hire will only be accepted in writing (email is accepted).
Please send a notification to Love Education C.I.C:
21) The Hirer will be informed of the details regarding collection and return of keys if release of the keys is part of the Hire Agreement.
General Housekeeping Policy
22) The Centre must always be kept neat and tidy and be left in a reasonable condition. The kitchenettes must be thoroughly cleaned (the Hirer is to provide cleaning equipment and detergents if cleaning service is not booked as part of the Hire Booking Form).
23) The Centre must be locked and secured by the Hirer at the completion of use and all lights and relevant equipment/appliances turned off.
24) Nails, screws, sticky tape, or any other fastenings must not be used or attached to walls, floors, furniture or fittings without prior permission.
25) No naked flames of any type may be lit or utilised within the Centre including candles or tea lights. No open fires/ candles of any type may be lit in the surrounding grounds. Smoke/fog machines or similar are not permitted within the Centre.
26) Smoking is not permitted.
27) Animals and ball sports are not permitted inside the Love Education Centre unless written permission is obtained from Love Education C.I.C.
28) Any item brought into the Centre by the Hirer must be removed entirely from the premises at the end of the hire duration, this includes all garbage. Garbage must not be disposed of in any receptacles around the premises.
29) Activities conducted within the Love Education Centre must not impact on other Hirers or the general public.
30) Any vehicles found parking illegally during the event will receive an infringement notice.
31) Property not belonging to Love Education C.I.C. that is kept at the Centre during the term of a Hire Agreement will be left at the owner’s risk. Love Education C.I.C. shall not be held responsible for any personal property left at the Centre and Love Education C.I.C. is authorised to remove and dispose of all property/equipment.
Public Liability Insurance
32) The Hirer must ensure a certificate for public liability insurance for not less than twenty million pounds; coverage either for themselves or any third party in attendance. This is required by all persons hiring the Love Education Centre (other than for private functions).
33) Public liability insurance must be in the same name as the booking the certificate of which must be provided to Love Education C.I.C. at the time of booking.
34) Hirers employing professionals, i.e. catering, disc jockeys, and the like, must provide Love Education C.I.C. a copy of the service provider’s public liability insurance, no less than two weeks prior to the hire of the Centre.
35) Should a Hirer’s public liability insurance policy expire during the term of hire, it is the Hirer’s responsibility to provide Love Education C.I.C. with a copy of the insurance policy renewal. A lapse of insurance constitutes a breach of the hire agreement.
High Risk Functions
35) High risk functions are considered to be but not limited to 16 – 21 year old, youth events, large crowd events and live music events.
36) Where guests are under the age of 21, Love Education C.I.C. requires assurance that there will be a ratio of one adult over 21 years of age to every 10 guests under 21 (with the exception of school concerts or similar events). The adult supervisors must be capable of maintaining order at the function. Failure to provide this ratio of supervision may result in forfeiture of all or part of the bond regardless of damages caused.
37) Functions are to be contained within the Centre. Guests are not permitted to congregate in outside areas including car parks or streets.
38) To minimise opportunities for uninvited guests, only one door of the Centre should be used for exit and entry with supervision from hired security guards and responsible adults be provided at all times. Details of the named person/s and contact details to be provided two weeks prior to the event.
39) The event must not be openly advertised without prior written consent from Love Education C.I.C. This includes advertising via the internet, social media and online forums.
40) The Hirer will occupy and/or use the Centre at his/her own risk.
41) Neither the Love Education C.I.C. nor its employees shall be liable for any loss, theft or damage sustained by the Hirer, any person associated with the Hirer or any person attending the Centre.
42) The Hirer will indemnify and keep Love Education C.I.C. indemnified for and against all claims, actions, suits, costs and demands which may be made or recovered against Love Education C.I.C. by any person whatsoever in respect of any loss, injury (including death) or damage sustained in respect of or arising out of
the hiring or use of the Centre except to the extent that such loss, injury or damage is caused by the negligence of Love Education C.I.C., its servants or agents.
43) Love Education C.I.C. reserves the right to terminate a Hire Agreement as a result of inappropriate, intimidating and/or threatening behaviour from a Hirer or their guest(s) towards Love Education C.I.C. staff, other Hirers and/or members of the general public. Termination will be subject to the relevant Love Education C.I.C. policy.
44) In the event that the Hirer commits a breach of the Hire Agreement and/or any of the above Terms and Conditions, Love Education C.I.C. may terminate the agreement and require immediate vacation from the Centre. Love Education C.I.C. will not forfeit any right to action which may arise from such termination. The Hirer will be liable to pay all fees and charges.
45) The Hirer agrees to not exceed the capacity of persons stipulated on the Hirers Booking Form and agreed by Love Education C.I.C. Failure to comply with this may result in the complete loss of the bond and may incur additional charges to the Hirer. All future bookings may be immediately cancelled.
46) The Hirer agrees to not exceed the start of event day or time including set-up time and/or the end of event day, time including pack up time as stipulated on the Hirers Booking Form and agreed by Love Education C.I.C. Failure to comply with this may result in the complete loss of the bond and may incur additional charges to the Hirer. All future bookings may be immediately cancelled.
47) The Love Education C.I.C. may at any time before the use of the Centre, cancel the hire of the Centre by giving written notice of such cancellation to the Hirer. If Love Education C.I.C. cancels the hire pursuant to this contract, all monies paid will be returned to the Hirer upon deduction of administration costs. Love Education C.I.C. is not liable to the Hirer for any loss or damage incurred by the Hirer as a result of such cancellation.
48) Love Education C.I.C. reserves the right to periodically update these Terms and Conditions of Hire and Fees. Changes will be communicated to Hirers and Hire Agreements updated as required.
If residents and/or other Hirers deem it necessary to call Love Education C.I.C. at any time including after-hours due to disruption caused by patrons of an event at any time, a charge per call out, after investigation, will be applied to cover additional security and administration costs.
In the event of an emergency, please telephone: Emergency services: 999
0208 624 0641